Saturday, September 12, 2015

Project #1- The coffee owl

For our first project we had to use a specific word as the theme of our piece. I initially wanted to use the word line and draw a mirrored dream catcher to look like an owl and have a bunch of intricate lines and patterns in it. Then as i started drawing all the feathers and colored them in i realized this was not going to work as i planned.. I was upset and racked my brain with every medium i could use for the feathers. We make coffee everyday in class for feed my ongoing addiction, and i happened to put my cup down on my paper and it left a ring of coffee stain and then we thought, paint with coffee. and so it was born. everyday i'd take the grounds from earlier and water them down and paint the feathers, i'd just add layers of stain to make them look darker and give the picture depth and contrast. So now looking at my ALMOST finished piece i am really glad i did use the coffee and i love it. i plan on putting brown leaves like the one on the right on top of all the other purple leaves from before, then painting the background a watercolor light pastel green. and it smells like coffee so its truely great

No comments:

Post a Comment